TUNA KIMCHI FRIED RICE
Easy Tuna Kimchi Fried Rice 참치김치볶음밥
My quick and easy Tuna Kimchi Fried Rice is perfect for a light lunch or super quick dinner. Enjoy with a glass of chilled white wine. 🙂
A few weeks ago, I posted my Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice recipe. If you already read my blog post about it, you may have noticed I’m a kimchi fried rice maniac. On a hot summer day, tuna kimchi fried rice is one of the dishes you can make very quickly and it tastes great! You can use canned tuna from your cupboard, so, you can make it without going to a supermarket! Tuna kimchi fried rice is lighter and has a fresher taste than bacon kimchi fried rice.
Watch My Easy Korean Tuna Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe Video (2m 29s)
Even people who don’t cook can make this, so, make sure you try it. It is very easy and super delicious. Don’t forget to check out my easy Kimchi recipe or you can buy it from the link below. You can also use gluten free soy sauce if you want. Enjoy!
Leave a comment at the bottom of the page. I love to hear from you.
- 200ml Water
- 150g Potatoes, chopped into a half centimetre cubes
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 60g of chopped Spring/Green Onions
- 1 small can of Tuna (drained weight of 60g)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 150g Kimchi, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tsp Korean Red Pepper Powder
- 3 tbsp Kimchi Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 300g Cooked Rice
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Egg per person (optional)
- 1 tsp Roasted Sesame Seeds for garnish (optional)
- Put the chopped potatoes in boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. After the potatoes are cooked, drain the water.
- Pour three tablespoons of vegetable oil into a frying pan, heat the oil on a medium/high heat and add the chopped spring onions except a few to sprinkle later in the pan and stir them with chopsticks for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the drained tuna and garlic powder to the pan and stir with chopsticks for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the kimchi, Korean red pepper powder and sugar and fry them until the kimchi is cooked. If you don’t want it too spicy, you can skip the red pepper powder.
- Add the soy sauce, kimchi juice and cooked potatoes and fry them until there isn’t much liquid left. It is important to add kimchi juice to make the kimchi fried rice taste richer. You can skip the potatoes if you don’t want them. I love POTATOES in kimchi fried rice! If you don’t have soy sauce, you can replace it with salt to taste. The saltiness of tuna kimchi fried rice depends on how salty your kimchi is.
- Add the cooked rice and sesame oil over a low heat and mix everything completely. You can skip the sesame oil if you don’t like it. I love sesame oil in it. Tip: You can use microwavable cooked rice from a supermarket if you have it. Make sure to mix the cooked rice over a low heat. It protects the kimchi fried rice from being burnt.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into a separate frying pan and fry an egg over a low/medium heat. You can skip it if you don’t want to.
- Put the tuna kimchi fried rice on a plate and add the fried egg on top. Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds and chopped spring onions. Enjoy your delicious tuna kimchi fried rice!