HALLOWEEN NO-BAKE BLOODY CHOCOLATE Tart
Spooky Easy Halloween No Bake Bloody Chocolate Tart Recipe 노오븐 할로윈 초콜렛 타트 레시피
Chocolate ganache on an Oreo crumb base with a bloodcurdling caramel middle. Happy Halloween!
Watch my Halloween No Bake Bloody Chocolate Tart Recipe Video (3m 20s)
This recipe is adapted from https://kitchenmason.com/2016/10/23/bloody-spider-web-tart-halloween-desserts/
Halloween is not far to go! My children are super excited. This chocolate tart is my favourite dessert to make! It is easy, quick, scary and super delicious! If you are a novice at baking, this one is a sure fire winner! You will impress all the little (and big) ghosts and ghouls at your Halloween party!
I’m not sure who likes Halloween the most in my family. Sometimes I think it’s my kids, but most of the time I know it’s me. 🙂 Halloween is a great excuse for a fun party. Dressing up in scary costumes, spooking up the house with decorations and ghastly face painting are all fantastic! Halloween is not only for kids. It is a fun time for me as well!
And the best thing about a Halloween party? The F-O-O-D! All the spooky looking food and drink ideas are amazing! And the most important food at parties is dessert, isn’t it? Who needs excuse to eat sweet treats?
I was thinking about hosting a small Halloween party for my daughter and her friends. She loves chocolate and she has a super sweet tooth! (Just like her Nanny) :). I was searching for party desserts and I found this tart from the website, https://kitchenmason.com/2016/10/23/bloody-spider-web-tart-halloween-desserts/ .
It made me jump and I wanted to make it straight away. So, I did it! I never need much of an excuse. It looks amazing with the red caramel sauce seeping out of the middle like blood and the spider web decoration on the top. It tastes sweet and rich so I thought my daughter wouldn’t like it, but I shouldn’t have worried, she loved it!
You can change up the colour of the caramel if you like. Green slime would look great. Make sure you use good quality food colouring gel. I have found the usual supermarket colours are not strong enough and I am never happy with the result. In this recipe I used Wilton Red. Check out my super simple Caramel Sauce recipe. Happy Halloween Everyone!
HALLOWEEN NO-BAKE BLOODY CHOCOLATE TART
Recipe Type: Dessert
My spooky, easy Halloween No Bake Bloody Chocolate Tart recipe. Chocolate ganache on an Oreo crumb base with a bloodcurdling caramel middle. Happy Halloween!
- The Base
- 245g Oreo Cookies
- 80g Unsalted Butter
- The Filling
- 240g Caramel Sauce (Check my caramel sauce recipe)
- ½ tsp Red Food Colouring Gel
- 165ml Double/Heavy Cream
- 175g Dark Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- To Decorate
- 50g White Chocolate, Finely Chopped
- Put the Oreo cookies in a food processor and whizz them up until you have a fine crumb. If you don’t have a food processor, put the cookies in a large zip bag and crush the cookies with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a microwave or small pan and add to the food processor. Whizz everything together until mixed.
- Evenly spread the Oreo cookie mixture over the base of a 20cm (8 inch) tart tin. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a bowl and mix in the red food colouring gel. The amount of colouring gel differs depending on the brand. I use Wilton’s which makes great colour. Pour the caramel sauce onto the Oreo base. Put the tart back in the fridge for another 10 minutes to set the caramel a little.
- Heat a pan over a low heat and pour in the double/heavy cream. When it starts to boil, take the pan off the heat and add the chopped dark chocolate and butter and mix them quickly to protect the chocolate ganache from getting burnt. Mix everything thoroughly and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the ganache over the caramel sauce. Use a pallet knife or the back of a spoon to spread the ganache all over the caramel.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave or small pan and then pour into a piping bag with a Wilton Number 6 nozzle attached. Starting in the middle of the tart, draw a white chocolate swirl spiraling out to the edge.
- Use a cocktail stick to draw straight lines from the middle of the tart to the edge to make the spider web. And that’s it! Put the tart in the fridge an hour or until you are ready to serve. Happy Halloween!
Equipment[br]20cm (8inch) Tart Tin[br]1 Piping Bag and Number 6 nozzle (Wilton)[br]Cocktail Sticks
LameesOctober 25, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Wow. This is will be very fun to do it with my kids and i am sure they are gonna devour it
WonderseekersblogOctober 25, 2017 at 5:27 pm
I need this in my life,looks amazing :O <3
WonderseekersblogOctober 25, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Need this in my life, looks amazing <3
Hyeon JeongOctober 26, 2017 at 10:34 am
Thanks for stopping by, I’m glad you like. 🙂
Maria | passion fruit, paws and peoniesOctober 25, 2017 at 8:42 pm
Love it! Great idea haha x
Hyeon JeongOctober 26, 2017 at 10:35 am
BonnibelleOctober 25, 2017 at 10:30 pm
You had me at caramel sauce. Looks yum!
Hyeon JeongOctober 26, 2017 at 10:36 am
I can’t resist caramel sauce either!
Jeff HoneywoodOctober 26, 2017 at 1:34 am
This looks like the perfect dessert for a Halloween party. I might have to whip one these up before I meet up with my friends this weekend.
Hyeon JeongOctober 26, 2017 at 10:48 am
Hi, I’m glad you like it. It really is easy and takes no time at all. 🙂
ChelfOctober 26, 2017 at 10:40 pm
Wow! Amazing! I will swap the heavy cream for coconut cream and definitely give this one a go!
KimberlyOctober 27, 2017 at 7:07 am
This looks delicious and it looks easy enough to do with kids around! Wow:-) Also, great video!
Hyeon JeongOctober 27, 2017 at 9:33 am
Thank you, Kimberly. It is very easy to make and prefect to do with children. Super tasty, too.
Hyeon JeongOctober 27, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Hi Kimberly, it’s soooo easy to make. I made it with my 6 year old daughter and she had a great time. ☺️