HALLOWEEN COOKIES AND CREAM CAKE
Easy Halloween Cookies and Cream Cake 쉽게 만드는 할로윈 쿠키 앤 크림 케익
My easy Halloween Cookies and Cream Cake Recipe. Light vanilla sponge cake layered with fresh cream Oreo frosting. This cake is sooo creamy and delicious your little monsters will be back for seconds. And thirds!!!
Watch my Halloween Cookies and Cream Cake Recipe Video (6m 3s)
This recipe was adapted from http://divascancook.com/homemade-cookies-n-cream-cake-recipe-oreo/ and http://birdonacake.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/oreo-spiders-cake.html
Preparing for Halloween this year has been more than a little hectic. In between my oven, dishwasher and car breaking down, family trips to the pumpkin farm, business meetings to discuss my next Kimchi making classes, and making sure my blog is well oiled and running smoothly I’ve not had a chance for a little me time. Hopefully one day. 🙂
My kids Halloween excitement levels were sent into overdrive yesterday when we visited the local pumpkin farm with my sister-in-law and her son. Well, it’s not really a pumpkin farm. They do sell pumpkins but as far as I can tell, they don’t actually grow any pumpkins. You walk around a muddy field and the kids get to choose the pumpkin of their dreams which the farmer has scattered about the place. I don’t think the field is intentionally muddy but with the rubbish weather we’ve had lately, I made sure we all took our wellies.
We eventually came home with 4 pumpkins (2 each!!!). My pair couldn’t wait to start carving and even though I told them that it is too early they couldn’t be persuaded. We spent the afternoon carving two of them. After a while our creative juices were flowing and we had a great time making the scariest faces we could imagine. With six days to go to Halloween, I’m not sure they will last though. I put them in the fridge but they are taking up a whole shelf!!! We may have to have decomposing (mouldy) zombie pumpkin lanterns come the big night.
Which brings me to my Halloween Cookies and Cream Cake. This cake is lovely. Light, fluffy sponge with silky smooth Oreo Whipped Cream frosting. Once you’ve tasted this cake you won’t wait until next Halloween to make it again! Just gorgeous. You can pipe the eyes onto the spiders or you can use edible candy eyes. Up to you!
HALLOWEEN COOKIES AND CREAM CAKE
Recipe Type: Dessert
My easy Halloween Cookies and Cream Spider Cake Recipe. Light vanilla sponge cake layered with fresh cream Oreo frosting. This cake is sooo creamy and delicious your little monsters will be back for seconds. And thirds!!!
- ½ Cup Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Double Cream (Or Whipping Cream)
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 115g Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature + A bit more butter for greasing baking tins
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- A Pinch of Salt
- 5 Egg Whites
- Oreo Cream Frosting
- 13 Oreo Cookies
- 1.4 L Double Cream (Or Whipping Cream)
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- To Decorate
- Oreos, as many as you want
- Edible Eyes
- Icing Glue – ½ Cup Icing Sugar (sifted) + 1 tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven at 325°F/160°C
- Grease 2 * 9 inch baking tins with butter and put baking paper on the bottom.
- Put the whole milk, the lemon juice and the double cream in a bowl and mix them. Set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder and mix them. Set aside.
- Put the butter, the oil and the granulated sugar in a bowl and cream them with an electric whisk.
- Put the milk mixture, the butter mixture and the flour mixture in a big bowl. Add the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt in the bowl.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add the egg whites to the cake batter. Fold in the egg whites gently
- Split the cake batter evenly into two baking tins.
- Bake on the middle rack for 25 – 30 minutes depending on the power of your oven.
- Take the tins out from the oven and leave them to cool.
- While the cakes are cooling, make the oreo cookie decorations. Pour the icing sugar and the water into a small bowl and mix them to make icing glue.
- Using the icing glue, stick the edible eyes onto the Oreos. Do as many as you want to.
- Put the 13 remaining Oreos in a food processor and whizz them up for 1 minute or so until they are crumbs. Alternatively, you can put the Oreos in a bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Pour the double cream and the granulated sugar into a large bowl. Whisk with an electric whisk until you have firm peaks.
- Add the Oreo crumbs to the whipped cream and mix them completely with a spoon.
- Take the sponges out from the baking tins and spread the oreo frosting on the top of the each sponge and then lay one sponge on top of the other.
- Cover the whole cake with the Oreo frosting evenly. Decorate the cake with the Oreos we made with edible eyes. Now, your super delicious and cute Halloween cake is ready. I didn’t have Oreo cakes in my life before I made this! I am not a fan of Oreos but I am definitely a big fan of O-R-E-O C-A-K-E!
Equipment you might need[br]Electric Whisk[br]Food Processor[br]2 23cm/9 inch Baking tins