GRILLED CHEESE WITH CARAMELISED ONIONS
Grilled Cheese with Caramelised Onions 카라멜 양파와 치즈 샌드위치 焼きチーズとキャラメル玉ねぎのサンドイッチ
The Grilled Cheese with Caramelised Onions is the best sandwich I have ever tasted. Perfect for lunch, dinner or even a decadent snack!
A couple of weeks ago, we had a lovely family picnic at Dovestone Resevoir near Manchester. We had changed ours minds at the last minute as to the destination of our picnic and chose a family favourite walk around the water. Up on the moors it was gloriously sunny. But incredibly windy. Dust devils swirled in the car park serving as an omen for the conditions of our walk. After 20 minutes of being battered by the wind, we took refuge from the gale behind a stone wall in the corner of the reservoir. In the warm sunshine, we munched our way through ham sandwiches and biscuits. While eating my sandwich I wondered what was the best sandwich I have ever eaten. It’s a tough question. There are so many! Grilled chicken burrito? I’m not even sure if you can call a burrito a sandwich. I asked my husband and he replied ‘grilled cheese with caramelised onions’.
Watch My Easy Grilled Cheese with Caramelised Onions Recipe Video (3m 31s)
Over the last couple of weeks, in the name of R&D, I have tasted a lot of grilled cheese with caramelised onions. Someone’s got to do it. What an amazing sandwich! Darkly sweet onions mix with the sharpness of the cheese all piled on to the ‘king of comfort’, thick double buttered toast. Like I said. Amazing.
Let me show you how to make my Grilled Cheese with Caramelised Onions. Check out my video on how to make caramelised onions here. A guarantee. You will not be disappointed with this sandwich.
Leave a comment at the bottom of the page. I love to hear from you.
- Salted Butter for spreading
- 2 slices Bread (110 grams)
- 100g Grated Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese
- 70g Caramelised Onions
- Lay a piece of greaseproof baking parchment on a shallow baking tray.
- Generously spread salted butter on both sides of each piece of bread and lay on the parchment.
- Sprinkle the cheese over both pieces of buttered bread.
- Put the bread under a hot grill until cheese has melted.
- Add the caramelised onions to one piece of bread and then put the remaining piece on top closing the sandwich.
- Heat a frying pan on a low heat. Put the sandwich in the hot pan. Don’t add any oil as the butter on the outside of the sandwich is enough to fry the bread.
- Make sure the bottom of the sandwich is golden and crispy. When one side is cooked, flip the sandwich and cook the other side. Enjoy!