CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE
Easy Chocolate Pound Cake 초콜렛 파운드케익
My Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe is perfect with a cup of coffee when your friends pop round for a chat. Take some on a picnic or have for a lovely dessert after dinner. But then who needs an excuse for cake? Cut yourself a big slice and enjoy!
I’ve been looking for a decent chocolate cake recipe for a long a time. I wouldn’t say I was fussy but it is very hard finding one that is just right. Chocolate cake is either too rich, too dry, too bland. Like I said, I’m not fussy. 🙂
Watch My Easy Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe Video (5m 38s)
I believe with my recipe I have found the perfect one. Moist, fudgy and with just the right amount of chocolate. There is no bitterness, so it is perfect for kids. My 6 year old daughter, who doesn’t usually eat chocolate cake, loves this recipe. She asked if I could make it again straight away so we can have it everyday! Her Nanny has definitely rubbed off on her!
Leave a comment at the bottom of the page. I love to hear from you.
- Chocolate Pound Cake
- 2 tbsp Double Cream/Whipping Cream
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 60ml Boiling Water
- 185g Plain Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 225g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 270g Caster Sugar
- 4 Medium Eggs, room temperature
- Chocolate Glaze
- 100g Milk Chocolate, chopped
- 25ml Double Cream/Whipping Cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F)/180°C (356°F) fan/gas 6
- Pour the double/whipping cream and lemon juice into a small bowl. Mix them and set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes. A few curds will appear. This is normal.
- In a separate bowl, add the cocoa powder and boiling water and mix them until the cocoa powder is completely dissolved. Leave it to cool.
- Sift the plain flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and mix them.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer or hand whisk. When softened, add the sugar and beat them for another minute. Add one egg at a time and beat them well.
- With a spatula, mix in the cooled cocoa mixture and beat together. Finally, add the dry ingredients as well as cream mixture and combine them well.
- Put the mixture in a greased baking tin and smooth the surface with a spatula or baking knife.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes. Test the cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the middle. When you pull it out it should be clean or have a few crumbs on it.
- Take the cake out of the tin and leave it to cool on a cooling rack.
- Chocolate Glaze
- Put the chocolate and cream into a microwavable bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes. Remove and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Leave the chocolate mixture to cool at room temperature. It won’t take long. It takes around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the cake after it is cooled. You can keep this cake for around 4 to 5 days in a cake tin at room temperature. Or you can freeze it for up to a month. Enjoy!