Caramelised Onions 카라멜 양파 カラメル玉ねぎ
Caramelised onions are a simple, wonderful addition to sandwiches, hamburgers, hotdogs and steak. They take a while to cook and require a little patience, but the payoff is worth the wait! It’s a great idea to cook more than you need, store them in a jar in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 days to use with other dishes.
Watch My Easy Caramelised Onions Recipe Video (1m 26s)
Check out my Grilled Cheese with Caramelised Onions recipe.
Leave a comment or a question at the bottom of the page. I love to hear from you.
- 20 grams of butter
- 1 medium onion sliced (120g)
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Heat a frying pan on a very low heat. Add the butter and move it around the pan until melted.
- Add the sliced onions and give them a stir.
- Cook them for around 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are browned.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to the onions and stir them for another 5 to 10 minutes until they are dark brown and caramelised.
- When they are done, eat them immediately or store them in a jar for 2 or 3 days in the fridge.